Are you searching for a practice that believes in providing high-quality, individualized care to its patients? Do you dream of a place where you can practice first-rate medicine with the freedom to bring your own individuality too? Great! We may have the perfect opportunity for you at our privately owned practice with our incredibly supportive staff!
Here in Rockford, Illinois, we are considered the City of Gardens, our flowers and gardens raise the community’s spirits. Our location is ideal for both country and suburban living! You can take a stroll through the Anderson Japanese Garden, one of the top-rated Japanese gardens in North America. Explore in The Forest Preserves of Winnebago County, which is home to more than 10,000 acres of natural areas, recreation areas, lakes, rivers, and forests. From restaurants to museums, unique shops to theaters, there is something for everyone to enjoy here in Rockford!
Mulford Animal Hospital has been providing companion animal medicine, surgery, and dentistry since 1978. We are a free-standing building on 4 beautiful, partially wooded acres of land with plenty of space for our expansion plans in the near future. Dr. Harbach has been actively involved in academia and has a passion for mentoring throughout her career; you’ll have an opportunity to advance your skills and get mentorship if desired. At Mulford Animal Hospital, we believe in the word, “TEAM”, we support our staff in all aspects of the field. Our team has been cross-trained so they can be utilized by our doctors to create a more efficient and less stressful workday. Our collaborative approach allows continuity between our staff and reflects in the satisfaction of our clients, who are well established and easy to work with. Whether you are new in the profession or looking to make a change, we invite you to join our hospital and truly ENJOY coming to work each day!
What You’ll Be Working On
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of animal cases
- Provide education to clients and staff on recommendations and choices in care
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Guide, utilize, and mentor exceptional support staff
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited program required
- Be licensed or able to be licensed in the state of Illinois
- Two years experience preferred, but new grads are encouraged to apply
- Exotic experience or interest preferred
- Routine surgical and dental experience preferred or the desire to learn
- Highly motivated, with a desire to be amazing
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and personal development
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated compassion for patients and clients
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- No emergency or on-call hours!
- Flexible schedule
- Paid Time Off, plus 4 additional personal days a year
- CE allowance plus dedicated CE PTO
- Signing and relocation bonuses eligibility
- State, Controlled, and DEA license fees reimbursed
- AVMA and State organization dues coverage
- License defense and liability insurance coverage
- 401K with match eligibility
- Health insurance HRA stipend
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or click the Apply Now button below.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics